Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fell off the wagon

My dedication to no freebies somehow vanished into thin air. I’m not too sure what the deal is, but I have been freebie-ing it up lately, this week especially. Yesterday I indulged in a soup sample, crackers, and cereal that went uncounted. My freebies on Monday and Tuesday included cheese and chow mien noodles, as well as dressing.


Today is a new start to keeping it in check…however, there are cookies staring at me from the cube across from me. I so badly want to try one…but it’s a cookie. I already know what cookies taste like. Aside from that, I have a banana on my desk that I can eat now if I start going crazy and I have a full gigantic glass of water that I should drink before anything. Regardless, so far so good on eliminating freebies today. I have had none.


I almost always find myself not feeling satisfied after lunch and I wish I could understand why. Today I had a heaping serving of a packaged pasta side thing (5 points), a small chicken breast (1 point) and some veggies (0 points). How can I not be satisfied with that? Maybe it’s just a metal thing that instead of being paranoid that I won’t get full, I need to start telling myself that I AM full.


I’m back to thinking about those stupid cookies. Luckily, one of the boxes has the nutrition information for it. 160 cals, 6g fat and less than 1 g fiber – 3 points. I can throw it on my flex points, but do I really need it? I’d like to refrain since I am going out to dinner tonight, weighing in on Saturday and going out to dinner Saturday night as well. But the measly 3 points isn’t going to put me over. But I do know that there will probably be an appetizer tonight at dinner, but I think I would rather have the cookie than a bite of an appetizer.


Game plan? I’m going to drink my massive glass of water. Once completed, if I still feel like I need/want it, I will have the cookie. Well…. problem solved. The kind of cookie that I had been eyeing is gone. Now, I need to muster my willpower to pass on the appetizer at dinner.

Side note - last week/this week I hit my lowest non-sick weight! Non-sick weight meaning I was not affected with a nasty stomach issue. I've fluctuated around it a bit, but that is all in part to eating out, being slightly careless and excessive water intake after workout days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a former Weight Watcher, cardioholic, food phobic turned CrossFitter, Paleo eating, weight lifting chica!