Thursday, December 23, 2010

New year, new me

As mentioned in my previous post, December DID fly by. Every early November, I eagerly anticipate the holiday season, but every year it's over before I know it and I feel like I didn't take enough time to enjoy it fully.

So what's new in my life you ask? Well...

I bit the bullet and made the decision to do something FOR ME. I signed up for a membership at Cross Fit City of Lakes. I wasn't getting the results I wanted with my diet plan and personal training program (nor was I all that enthused about it). I have been going at least 3x a week, but trying/aiming for 4. Being this is something I am paying for, I wanted to do it right – the whole shebang. With that being said, I am also following the recommended Paleo diet – ie – no grains, dairy, grains, processed foods or alcohol. My carbohydrate intake is coming from mostly vegetables, nuts and seeds and a little fruit. I fill up on healthy fats and proteins.

I know, I know… I’m on a “bandwagon” again. But, the more I talk to my trainer and the more I read about it, the more it made sense to me and the way I want to treat my body. I ‘officially’ started on December 1st and I have been feeling pretty great. I am loving the workouts and the diet. I am not feeling deprived, not having any terrible cravings either. The only time I crave grain carbs is when I have waitied too long to eat.

My clothes are fitting better, my confidence is gaining, and I am feeling stronger. I love how I leave every workout with nothing left to give - I push myself to the limit in every workout. I cannot say enough good things about CrossFit. Seriously ladies... I haven't felt this good about myself, this strong, this confident in a LONG time.

I am also working on keeping my mind open in regards to the diet - this is LIFE. Not a judgement on how strict I keep my Paleo diet. I do have a little dairy here and there, which I am trying to cut out as I have reason to believe that it negatively affects my skin (reintroduction to dairy after a week off = hellllooooo massive breakout!). I also allowed myself to indulge over the holidays, but am back on track now. I will give myself a cheat day/meal if I feel it is necessary or if there is a special event.

Nine days in to 2011 and things are looking up.

What are you looking forward to this year? Any new years resolutions?



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a former Weight Watcher, cardioholic, food phobic turned CrossFitter, Paleo eating, weight lifting chica!