Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dripping

TGIF! Hope everyone had a great week! I am SO looking forward to getting the weekend started. I am heading home for the weekend - haven't been back since Christmas. Where in the heck does time go?! I can't wait for time with the family and an afternoon at the lake with my bestie. :)

Last night's dinner gave me a very strange sense of normality. I had ice cream for dinner. Wait, correction, I had a salad, 5 shrimp with sauteed veggies, a bite of chicken and ice cream. Never before, NEVER EVER, have I allowed myself to have ice cream for dinner. Ice cream for dessert, yes. A bite of ice cream while waiting for dinner, yes. But NEVER for dinner.

Let's go back to two months ago. I would have forced myself to eat dinner of some sorts. After that was finished I would have waited anxiously to eat the ice cream that I wanted. In between dinner and the ice cream, I probably would have nibbled on everything around the ice cream, too.

Last night though, I wasn't hungry for anything, I just wanted that ice cream. And I had it. Today I feel no guilt for it. And that my friends, is HUGE for me.

I have been the victim to food for a long, long time and I am finally starting to feel free. It's had me laying on the ground on my back with it's foot on my face and a gun in kill shot position pointed at me. Not so much anymore :)


I have been kicking BUTT in the workout/half-marathon training department! If you are looking for a stellar toning routine, check out Kim Kardashian's featured routine in June's issue of SHAPE. You can find it on their website, too. I did this routine on Tuesday and Thursday after 4.5miles of intervals/steady pace and it rocked! It kept my heart pumping and totally worked my muscles. Both of these workouts left me soaked and DRIPPING with sweat. Something about that really makes me feel accomplished. And...

DRUMROLL....I completed my max training run! 11 MILES BABY!

It felt absolutely AWESOME! So empowering. I am still glowing from my accomplishment. I had the hardest time deciding if I was going to crank it out or not. I knew that I needed to get a long run in, but I debated on how far I would go. I was feeling groggy and sore when I woke up last Sunday morning, but knew I had to run. I got ready, took down an energy gel, and hopped in the car. Since I did the energy gel, I committed myself to a long run.

I decided to run along the river - new territory for me. The week before I ran 8, but I'd been anxious to hit that 10 mile mark (which I had previously decided would be my max). With three busy/out of town weekends before the half (July 10th) I decided to go for the long run when I knew I could commit myself to it. Nike+ was set and off I went!

Something about running with the downtown skyline in front of TOTALLY revs me up. I was pumped, excited, and energized. Once I hit my 10 mile mark at 1hr45min, I still had a little ways to go to my car. I still felt full of energy, so I took my pace down a bit and continued to jog it out. With my Nike+ saying 10.5 miles when I hit my car, I figured I may as well hit 11 and off I went to finish it out. 1hr 57 min = 11 miles completed. I think this is a proud moment that will stick with me for a LONG time.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a former Weight Watcher, cardioholic, food phobic turned CrossFitter, Paleo eating, weight lifting chica!