Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Revvvvvvvvved up!

Half way there!



Nothing like a new month to get started on new goals - I'm feeling revved up and ambitious! I am in a huge time of change and self awareness in my life and I am LOVING it.





Newest wellness kicks:


  • Cutting back on coffee. It's rare that I can drink a cup of it black, so it's always laced with SOMETHING - Stevia, almond milk, anything creamy and sweet. My newest love is iced coffee protein shakes. Talk about delicious! HOWEVER, I hear so many conflicting stories about coffee being good/bad for you, that I think it's just one of those things that I need to limit. I'm working to limit it during the week and allow it on the weekends. Is there ryhme or reason to this? No, none at all.

  • Axing alcohol. It's a rarity that I drink during the week. Weekends are a different story though. Usually a drink Friday night, maybe a couple on Saturday and MAYBE one on Sunday. While it's not an issue, it's a waste of calories and money. I also happen to think it has a huge affect on my body - bloat, puffiness, endurance, etc. With my quickly approaching half marathon, I'm kicking it to the curb and seeing what happens. I've cut it out once before, it'll be a breeze to do it again. And I very much dislike that it's a weekend routine of sorts.

  • Drinking AT LEAST a gallon of water a day. Today is day 2 and I am for sure going to exceed my goal. 34oz Nalgene with straw have been attached to my hip since yesterday afternoon. 7 hours into my day and I'm closing in on refill number four. On most occasions I get in my reccomended 8 glasses, but I want to kick it up and see what happens.

Learnings:


You don't get the 'oh, I have to go to the bathroom' feeling. You get the 'WHOA! I need to go to the bathroom feeling. Hopefully this subsides...


After drinking a gallon+ of water in a day, you'd think you wouldn't, especially at 10pm, feel thirsty. FALSE. It's possible.



Quickly approaching...


THE HALF MARATHON!


I can't believe that the race is in a little over a month! I've went from the girl who DREADED running a mile for the Presidential Fitness Test in gym, to the girl who is taking on weekly long distance runs... I never, in my wildest dreams, would have imagined that I would be in these shoes. And while it is such an amazing feat, at this moment in time, I think this will be the culmination of my endurance/long distance running. I'm planning on running the same 10K I ran last fall, but aside from that and workout runs, that's a wrap!


I'm really looking forward to shifting my focus to something new. Right now, I'm contemplating between P90X and INSANITY. My drive is to give myself a lean and toned body by my 25th birthday and I am POSITIVE that I can do it! Both of these programs really spark my interest, but I am not sure which will best fit me and my goals.


My mindset has been so focused on cardio for the last few years. I've been frustrated that I'm not seeing the results that I want, but am realizing that I'm not doing EVERYTHING that I need to do to get there and that's stregth training and toning. Since I started my half marathon training, I've been trying hard to get in at least two strength training sessions in every week. If I'm not doing the Power 90 3-4 Strength circuit or Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones, I'm going through my own routines with dumbells or weight machines.

Super excited for the changes to come with a new plan and routine!






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a former Weight Watcher, cardioholic, food phobic turned CrossFitter, Paleo eating, weight lifting chica!