Monday, June 21, 2010

tomatoes, cherries, Coke can, lobster...

All of the above mentioned are the color of my skin. I have an epic sunburn cooking. No, it’s not nearly as bad as it could be. It’s not blistering. It’s not heating me. It is however sore, tight and makes wearing anything with straps uncomfortable. I am the sunblock pusher. I am ALWAYS on everyone about sunblock when we are outside.


Nate and I were off to the lake on Saturday afternoon. About halfway there, in the middle of nowhere South Dakota, I realize we have no sunlock. Crossing my fingers that my bestie will have brought some, we continue on as we have no other option.


You already know the rest of the story based on the title of this post. There was no sunlock to be found and I have the burn to prove it. The one time I let my guard down and don't go through tremendous lengths to secure the protection of SPF and look what happens! Talk about karma.


Overall, the weekend was absolutely fantastic. Incredibly relaxing.

Training is going so-so. Last week was a little rough so I took it 'easy'. Instead of 5 mile runs on Tuesday and Thursday, I opted for a 3.5 mile run on Tues and a 40 minute bike interval session on Thursday. And instead of my usual cross on Wednesday, I ran 3 miles instead. Friday was supposed to be a rest or easy run day, but I did No More Trouble Zones in the morning and then went for a short run in the evening. Saturday remained a rest day and Sunday I did a 10K. Unfortunately, I got my butt handed to me. It started out fine, but right around the half way mark, it got HARD. The sun was beating down on my sunburned body. There were no shaded streets. I was feeling sluggish, tired, thirsty and getting incredibly frustrated. I ended up finishing off the last 3-4km on a walk/run combo.

I'm chalking up my struggle to the sunburn, the heat, and the lack of nutrition. I ran without food OR an energy gel. I'm not worried about this hiccup. I KNOW that it's not an indication of how the race will be nor is it a reflection of my capabilities.


1 comment:

  1. Lady, I love that you have a blog! Please start blogging more!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm a former Weight Watcher, cardioholic, food phobic turned CrossFitter, Paleo eating, weight lifting chica!